Our Reston office is seeking talented programmers with strong computer science, math, and/or physics backgrounds for complex and challenging projects. As a Software Engineer you will be responsible for writing software that incorporates probabilistic models of physical systems. Project teams range from 2 to 20 people, and include a mix of Research Scientists and Software Engineers. Each team member is involved in the entire problem-solving process, from initial concept through data visualization and analysis, algorithm design, exploratory prototyping, software implementation, demonstration, and deployment. Roles within a team are flexible, giving employees space to contribute in their areas of stren h, and to develop new skills. The ideal candidate has experience writing well-designed, maintainable, and extensible code.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Applied Math, or related field
- Experience writing algorithmic code, including complexity analysis, performance optimization, and multithreading
- Math background including Probability/Statistics, Linear Algebra, Multivariate Calculus
- Ability to communicate design concepts and performance metrics clearly
- US CITIZENSHIP (successful candidates will undergo background check for Secret Clearance)
- Java programming experience
- Experience with additional languages including TypeScript, Go, Clojure, Scala, Kotlin, Python, Matlab, R, Julia, C, C++, Zig, Rust, Haskell, Erlang, etc.
- Experience designing and implementing user interfaces
- OpenGL and/or WebGL experience
Position Location:Reston, VA
This position will require the employee to complete all of their assignments at a physical office location. We have been following the CDC and WHO recommendations for workplace safety since March 2020, along with listening to our employees every step of the way during the COVID pandemic on how we can create a safe and workable office environment for everyone. If you have any questions about the office work and safety precautions we are taking, we encourage you to ask during the interview process.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status.Metron takes affirmative action in support of its policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Report This Job
Jobs For You
How much should you be earning?
Are you getting paid fairly? Find out how much Software Engineers are earning in Virginia.