At Miltenyi Biotec, 3,000 employees worldwide develop pioneering solutions for biomedical science and the clinical application of cell therapies.
Our multidisciplinary team combines excellence in research with the development of innovative products for the treatment of serious diseases.
As a member of the Lentigen Technology team, you will have the opportunity to manage Process Development labs to ensure operational efficiency and safety in the day-to-day operations of the department.
Your focus will be on facilitating a well-organized and highly functional PD laboratory work environment with an emphasis on inventory and equipment maintenance as well as enforcing existing and developing new laboratory policies.
In this role, you will serve as a liaison to coordinate the varying support needs among the collaborative and cross-functional teams within and external to the PD department.
Overall, your prior experience in Laboratory Management and familiarity with SAP driven processes will help to empower the operations of Process Development and continue Lentigen Technologys success.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining the PD laboratory inventory system
- Serves as a super-user for SAP ordering and inventory management system
- Manages and coordinates equipment purchases, service agreements, calibrations, maintenance, and repairs
- Trains staff on correct use of laboratory equipment and proper lab etiquette; drafts SOPs pertinent to the use of laboratory equipment and operations
- Communicates effectively with cross-functional teams to support PD operations
- Works with Biosafety Officer to facilitate staff adherence to safetypolicies
- Works diplomatically with laboratory staff to adhere to laboratory policies, operations, safety, and identifies areas of improvement in the PD laboratory
- Provides timely feedback to management regarding laboratory issues and works with laboratory staff to promptly resolve lab-related matters
- Bachelors Degree in Biology, Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, Engineering and/or related studies, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Preferred 2-5+ years of laboratory management experience within a fast-paced cell and molecular biology BSL-2 (or higher), Process Development, or Manufacturing laboratory environment
- Knowledgeable of basic laboratory equipment operation, repair, maintenance, and ability to troubleshoot malfunctioning laboratory instruments
- Prior hands-on experience in standard aseptic cell culture technique, molecular and immunoassays, bioreactor operation, or purification technologies is a plus
- Strong ability to execute job duties with minimal supervision and works collaboratively with laboratory staff to implement solutions to improve laboratory operations
- Adept in operating computers and using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Experience using SAP ordering/inventory management software is a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands or finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear.
The employee is required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Must have ability to handle more than one task at a time and must work at a rapid pace while maintaining attention to detail.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
This job is performed in a temperature-controlled facility without exposure to extreme hot or cold temperatures.
Generally, this job is performed in a sanitized laboratory setting and routinely uses standard medical and research equipment such as centrifuges, biosafety cabinets, microscopes, incubators, pipettes and computers.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to blood, viruses (e.g., HIV-1), bacteria, body fluids and other tissues which may be infectious and have the potential to cause disease.
Employees entering and leaving the laboratory must wear appropriate clothing and protective equipment such as scrubs, coveralls, masks, face shield, glasses and gloves.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Lentigen Technology Inc., a Miltenyi Biotec company, is transforming and progressing.
Our culture is one of bold scientific innovation.
Join a fresh and collaborative working environment that encourages contribution, innovation, and growth.
At Lentigen, we support the development and commercialization of novel treatments for human disease through the utilization of Lentiviral Vectors.
We hold this widely recognized and clinically relevant method for delivering genetic materials into cells in order to modulate their function as a core stren h of our company.
We are scientists, engineers, physicians, support specialists, and more all dedicated to improving scientific understanding and impacting human lives.
At our Gaithersburg campus, we strive to find solutions to both the technical and conceptual barriers to the implementation of gene therapy approaches for the treatment of human disease.
Lentigen Technology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Report This Job
Jobs For You
How much should you be earning?
Are you getting paid fairly? Find out how much Lab Managers are earning in Maryland.