Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life
At MITRE, you can have both.
That's because MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation's toughest challenges-and we're committed to the long-term well-being of our employees.
MITRE is different from most technology companies.
We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do.
The R&D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation.
We're making a difference every day-working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world.
Our workplace reflects our values.
We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth.
If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose MITRE-and make a difference with us.
MITRE's Cyber Physical and Mobile Technology Security Department is seeking cyber security engineers with expertise and innovative ideas in 5G and LTE cellular network security with an interest in areas such as threat-informed defense, adversary emulation, network security, cyber resiliency, and security operations.
MITRE is a not-for-profit focused on impact, not revenue.
Our mission-driven teams work across MITRE's R&D centers in the federal civilian and national security space, partner with industry to solve hard problems, and collaborate with the public to build open-source software.
Responsibilities may include:* Explore, evaluate, and develop prototype solutions to augment commercial wireless communication protocols to provide secure and resilient communications for government applications
* Researching, developing, operationalizing, evaluating, and improving defensive tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) for detecting and responding to mobile security cyber threats
* Applying MITRE ATT&CK to evaluate the abilities of mobile network operators and security architectures to defend networks from cyber threats and assessing their security controls
* Perform hands-on security assessments of different parts of cellular network infrastructure (radio access network, core network, edge networks, etc.)
* Assessing potential cellular network-based risks to enterprise mobile devices, networks, and applications.
* Defining and implementing wireless test networks, test scenarios, and tools for collecting and analyzing results
* Assess mobile wireless technology trends, commercial and government solutions for a variety of projects andgovernment sponsors Minimum Qualifications:* BS degree and minimum of 5 to 10 years related experience.*
Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.
Required Qualifications:* BS (or higher) in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering, or related field and 5+ years of related experience.
* Possess working knowledge of core cybersecurity principles.
* Ability to think critically, work in group settings and be proactive in pursuing research and problem-solving with minimal supervision.
* Possess working knowledge of network architecture including Internet routing protocols, network segmentation.
* Knowledge of wireless WAN system signaling procedures and/or radio architecture
* Familiarity with commonly used wireless communications physical layer protocols
* Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret level security clearance Preferred Qualifications:* Knowledge of network security architecture including encryption and virtual private networks, device authentication, and cellular networking standards (e.g., 3GPP)
* Experience with cryptography and security concepts, including key-agreement protocols, authentication, encryption, and related concepts.
* Knowledge of Zero Trust architecture
* Experience performing network security evaluations.
* Experience with containerized application software design and container orchestration systems (e.g. Docker/ Kubernetes)
* Experience with embedded systems and the implementation of wireless protocol stacks
* Experience with embedded security topics such as firmware/software reverse engineering and vulnerability discovery
* Experience with deployment/configuration of IP networks
* Knowledge of mobile device security architecture, especially pertaining to baseband firmware and networking This requisition requires the candidate to have a minimum ofthe following clearance(s): This requisition requires the hired candidate to have or obtain, within one year from the date of hire,the following clearance(s): MITRE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
MITRE recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of age; ancestry; color; family medical or genetic information; gender identity and expression; marital, military, or veteran status; national and ethnic origin; physical or mental disability; political affiliation; pregnancy; race; religion; sex; sexual orientation; and any other protected characteristics.
For further information please visit the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission website EEOis the Law Poster , EEO is the Law Poster-Supplement and Pay Transparency .
MITRE intends to maintain a website that is fully accessible to all individuals.
If you are unable to search or apply for jobs and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of MITRE's employment process, please contact MITRE's Recruiting Help Line at or email at .
Copyright 1, The MITRE Corporation.
All rights reserved.
MITRE is a registered trademark of The MITRE Corporation.
Material on this site may be copied and distributed with permission only.
Benefits information may be found here
Report This Job
Jobs For You
How much should you be earning?
Are you getting paid fairly? Find out how much 5G Cybersecurity Engineer with Security Clearances are earning in Virginia.