Linux Systems Administrator
Job ID # 2021-12931
Location: Dulles, VA
Industry: Aerospace & Defense
Minimum Clearance: Secret Clearance
Minimum Education: High School Diploma/GED
Minimum Experience: 4 Years
What Youll Do:
- Performs a wide variety of technical tasks in support of processes, engineering, quality control, calibration, laboratories, production/test environment, field operations, line maintenance, etc.
- Test, troubleshoot, repair, maintain, and install a wide variety of electronic, electromechanical, mechanical, computer, laboratory, and scientific systems and/or equipment.
- Set up and operates engineering and scientific equipment.
- May recommend or select equipment and tools.
- Support and provide Tier I (Help Desk) and Tier II (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis, and resolution of problems.
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers.
- Observe, analyze, and report test data; and when appropriate makes necessary repairs to equipment.
- Utilize various engineering and scientific drawings, manuals, and other related documentation in the performance of assigned tasks
- Install, maintain, configure application and middleware software, equipment, and systems.
- Monitor system health and status.
- Provide user support including, password reset, tools, access, etc.
- Document problems and resolutions through a tracking program.
- Perform various administrative duties and provide technical assistance, with the supervision of a team leader to remotely located users.
- Interface with the following groups: software development, testing, integration, deployment, sustainment, maintenance, etc.
- Support shift work.
- Perform Tier I support
- May perform Tier II support
- Perform Incident Response (tiered support model), using an Incident Management System.
- Tier I: General troubleshooting, triage, or performance of specific tasks (i.e., user account creation, password resets/unlocks, share drive access, remote software
- installations). Escalation to Tier II.
- Tier II: Prioritize incidents. Perform detailed troubleshooting, root cause
- Determine multi-user, multi-system correlations. Escalation to Tier III.
- Tier III: Provide system administrative support to correct deficiencies noted in the trouble
What Youll Need:
- Experience with Red Hat version 6 or 7(rhel6/rhel7) with the ability to engineer, install,administer, and maintain.
- Knowledge with configuration management using Ansible or Puppet.
- Experience and/or familiarity with one or more of the following: Solaris, AIX, Red Hat, IRIS, Microsoft Windows (2000, XP, 2003), VMware, SharePoint, Citrix.
- Experience working in an Agile environment desired.
- Experience with ITIL methodology desired.
- Experience and/or familiarity with one or more of the following shell scripts: Bourne, C, Krone, Bash, Perl, etc.
- Experience and/or familiarity with one or more of the following: TCP/IP, Cisco switches and routers, VLAN, firewall, VPN, storage arrays (RAID, Blades), etc.
- ticketing system for COTS and GOTS software packages.
- Desired certifications include: Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Cisco Certified Network Associate or Professional (CCNA, CCNP, etc.), Microsoft certifications (MCP, MCDST, MCSA, etc.), Cloud certifications.
- 8570.1-M Compliance at IAT Level I certification desired. Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certification desired.
- DOD 8570.1-M Compliance at IAT Level I certification required.
- Experience with disaster recovery, backup systems required.
- Candidates must be able to lift and carry 70lbs comfortably.
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma/GEDE combined with 4 + years of technical support experience required.
What to Expect:
- Applicants selected for employment will be required to pass a preemployment drug screening and background investigation which may include education, criminal and work history verifications.
- Accepted applicants will have the opportunity to be eligible for benefits, including medical and supplemental insurance and a 401K. Appreciation and gratitude for employees is a hallmark of organizations with low turnover.
Moseley Technical Services, Inc. is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
For questions about benefits visit: http://www.moseleytechnical.com/jobseekers
For more information about Moseley visit: http://www.moseleytechnical.com/aboutus
Andrea ([email protected])
Posting Title (External): Linux Systems Administrator
Street: 22265 Pacific Boulevard
Report This Job
Jobs For You
How much should you be earning?
Are you getting paid fairly? Find out how much Linux Systems Administrators are earning in Virginia.