* Akima, LLCs* four Business Groups and their operating companies represent an uncommonly broad array of specialized talents, technologies, domain expertise and proven program success at some of the most visible and demanding implementations across all of government and industry. Driven by mission priorities and the most stringent business metrics, budget constraints and best practice models, Akima companies successfully support their customers at every critical point across a projects lifecyclefrom strategy, design, and development through operations, management, migration and maintenance. The result: streamlined project implementation, aggressive cost control and the clearest line of sight to consistently superior mission outcomes.
Akima LLCs subsidiary employees form one of the broadest skill sets in all of government and industry. Supporting customers across the U.S., Middle East, Europe and Asia, our professional staff delivers services and solutions in fields as diverse as information technology, data and communications, systems engineering, software development, IT products, space operations, aviation, fabrication, construction, facility management, logistics, hospitality and more. Our staff also consists of recognized leaders in enterprise architecture, policy formation, federal acquisition strategy and business process optimization. We continually look for the very best and brightest to support our commitment to superior outcomes across todays most complex and critical missions worldwide.
To learn more about Akima, LLC visit our website at www.akima.com [email protected]
This position will be located in our corporate office in Herndon, Virginia
* ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
The accounting specialist is responsible for reconciling, verifying, recording and maintaining data on payroll transactions in general ledger on monthly basis. Advise payroll staff on found discrepancies and recommend resolution techniques. Establish desktop procedures for all payroll account reconciliations. Provide data extraction support to the accounting team. Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Reconcile payroll and payroll - related accounts.
- Initiate correspondence, researching, and resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Research payroll inquiries from accounting and finance leads.
- Monitor benefits payments to 3rd party vendors assuring that payments are accurate and timely.
- Prepare Journal Entries to correct payroll discrepancies if necessary
- Establish desktop procedures for all payroll account reconciliations, confirm that all new procedures are communicated and followed
- Support month-end close
- Support external financial audit
- Other projects as assigned
* QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS*
- Must have a bachelors degree with a concentration in Accounting, Finance; or Management Information Systems
- Must have a minimum of two years of experience in an office environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook to include advanced Excel functions such as vLookup, SUMIF, formulas, and pivot tables.
- Costpoint experience is a plus, particularly version 7.0.
- Experience with SharePoint experience is a plus.
- Candidate must be able to pass a background & credit check to be considered.
* ADDITIONAL SKILLS*
In order to perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each responsibility efficiently and accurately with strong attention to detail, and be adept at working with Excel to perform large data analysis.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Good working knowledge of accounting terminology.
- The ability to think outside the box to continuously improving current processes.
- The ability to learn and adapt to new concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a heavy redundant work volume under tight deadlines while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills.
- The ability to take initiative and work independently.
The duties and responsibilities listed in this generally cover the nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. This is not intended to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Subject to the terms of an applicable collective bargaining agreement, the company management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as may be necessary. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services at [email protected] or . Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance to apply to an open position using our website.
Please do not use the dedicated email or phone number above to inquire on the status of your job application.
In order for our company to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance with the online application.
Job: Finance & Accounting
Primary Location: US-VA-Herndon
Shift: Day Job
Req ID: AKI04596
Report This Job
Jobs For You
How much should you be earning?
Are you getting paid fairly? Find out how much Accounting Specialists are earning in Virginia.