Posted 8 days ago
NIH Federal Credit Union have not specified a salary for this role. DirectlyApply estimates this role should be paying an average of $21.00 per hour based on similar jobs posted in the last 30 days.
Education & Experience
This role would benefit from having:
We are offering a flexible hybrid work schedule for this position. In office presence at our HQ in Rockville is required a few times a week.
We are looking for more than just an employee, we are looking for a true team member dedicated to enhancing the member experience! Come join the credit union movement and Discover Banking With Heart at NIHFCU!
At NIHFCU, one of our core values is investing in our employees, which is why we offer perks like theseBenefit Package for all Full time employees includes health, dental, vision, Life• insurance benefits• 401(K) and profit sharing• Tuition Reimbursement• Career Advancement and development• Credit Union Membership with discounted services and productsLearn how our NIHFCU team thrives—not only in making a difference for the members they serve, but for themselves! Want to know more about NIHFCUs Banking with Heart career opportunities? #NIHFCUCareers #BestCreditUnions: Discover the Benefits of Working at NIHFCU | Discover Banking with Heart
The Junior Accountant is an entry level position responsible for reconciling assigned general ledger accounts, assisting with the month-end close process, accounts payable processing, preparing entries to the general ledger according to generally accepted accounting principles, and ensuring NIHFCU compliance with applicable federal, state, and local regulations. This position delegated with learning the daily accounting operational duties of the accounting department and provides day-to-day operational support to both the Accounting Team Lead and AVP, Associate Controller.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for reconciling general ledger accounts to financial statements and preparing journal entries in accordance with GAAP principles Ensure timely and accurate completion of reconcilements.
- Review general ledger reconciliations for accuracy and resolve any variances or identified errors within the allowed timeframe
- Support the general ledger accounting period close while maintaining a high level of precision Review month-end entries for accuracy and work to ensure the month-end checklist is updated regularly.
- Coordinate the reliable operation of all accounts payable functions including, but not limited to, file maintenance, processing of periodic invoices for payment, entry for general ledger processing, and coding of the proper general ledger account
- Monitor AP ACH vendor payments – analyze vendor records for accuracy and implement workflow to continue expanding the ACH vendor list to ensure prompt payments
- Collect and process the corporate credit card and employee expense forms, ensuring that all receipts and documentation are included
- Interact with various credit union employees to ensure that invoices are properly approved Ensure timely and accurate remittance of payments for credit union reimbursable expenses.
- Ensure that we have appropriate procedures in place for approval and recording of invoices where vendors are auto debiting the funds
- Maintain a list of the recurring invoices and notify supervisor during month-end close process if any invoices are missing so that the necessary accrual entries can be recorded Prepares and posts month-end account payable accrual.
- Process and send out 1099 to vendors at the end of the year Ensure that we have W-9s on file for all vendors.
- Responsible for updating all employee expense and corporate card reimbursement forms to update for annual IRS mileage updates and load any other changes to SharePoint
- Provide historical schedules and analysis as requested for audit and review activities of NIHFCU operations by internal audit, compliance personnel, external auditor/s and examiners
Education & Experience
- Employee should have a BA/BS degree (or equivalent in the case of international candidates) in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
- 1-2 years of progressive accounting experience preferred with accounts payables and general ledger experience a must have skill set
- Banking or Credit Union experience preferred
NIHFCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, disability, age, or any other category protected by law.