Orbit Analyst/Flight Dynamics/Astrodynamics Engineer
8 days ago
3 people have applied
$81,700.00 per year
$81,700.00 per year
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION: Yes
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE: No relocation assistance available
CLEARANCE TYPE: None
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our worlds biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
The Orbit Analyst/Flight Dynamics Engineer performs the following functions:
- Pre-mission astrodynamics analyses for satellites in various orbit regimes
- Analyses of satellite and constellation access, coverage, lifetime, and additional trade studies
- Launch window analysis
- Maneuver planning and optimization analyses
- Propellant budgeting analyses, on-orbit fuel requirements, and mission lifetime estimates
- Satellite rendezvous and proximity operations planning and analyses
- Orbit determinations to specify tracking system parameters, define the orbital state, and predict orbital events
- Concept of operations (ConOps) development. Position requires knowledge of spacecraft mission operations.
- Mission sequence of events definition
- Participation in mission rehearsals to simulate orbital analysis tasks performed in operations
- Operational support for orbit transfer and stationkeeping maneuvers
Additional duties may include requirements development, writing complex specifications, interface control documents, and engineering reports from advanced studies, special engineering investigations, and similar activities. May be called on to assist in New Business activities such as conceptual design and analysis for proposals and funded studies and may include authoring sections for both.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering, Physics, or related field, plus 2 years of experience in orbital analysis, mission planning and design, or Masters degree in related field and 0 years experience.
- Experience with satellite astrodynamics analyses (orbit determination, ephemeris generation, perturbation analysis, maneuver planning, and error analysis)
- Experience with modern computational and satellite mission analysis software (e.g. Matlab, STK, OASYS, Copernicus, Quickshot, EMTG, etc.)
- Experience in satellite operations, maneuver planning, conjunction assessment
- Experience performing satellite orbit determination for an operational missions
- Experience writing new algorithms for for spacecraft mission analysis
- Experience with STK or ODTK
Salary Range: $81,700.00 - $122,500.00
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 ( https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ ), we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022, or by your start date if it is after January 18. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
We are a pioneering company.
With careers across all areas: air, cyber, land, sea and space our 90,000 employees work as one to defend and define the future. Northrop Grumman careers and internships are as varied as your interests, with a lifetime of potential that will give you every opportunity to do your best work. Working together with people from many backgrounds, personal passions and disciplines, we share a drive to push the boundaries of science, technology and engineering to meet the ever evolving needs of our customers worldwide.
Report this Job