For more than 70 years, Northwest Federal Credit Union has provided valuable financial products and services for our members. Northwest offers employees a comprehensive benefits program including: medical and dental plans, paid time off, a generous 401k match, student loan assistance, parental leave, and the opportunity to grow professionally through a wide range of job-based, classroom and online training resources. Northwest Federal Credit Union has been recognized, for the second consecutive year, as a 2021 Top Workplace by The Washin on Post and we believe that our success is built upon the excellence and achievement of our employees. Together, we serve and inspire to transform lives.
The Desktop Support Technician II role is to install, administer, and manage the credit unions multiple workstations and related components to achieve high performance of the various business applications supported by tuning the workstation configurations as necessary. This includes ensuring the availability of client/server applications, configuring all new implementations, and developing processes and procedures for ongoing management of the workstation environment. Where applicable, the Desktop Support Technician will assist in overseeing the physical security, integrity, and safety of workstation infrastructure.
Strategy and Planning
- Collaborate with IT management and department leaders to assess near and long-term workstation goals
- Coordinate and work with various IT teams to develop and maintain communication, while assisting with any/all upcoming IT initiatives and projects
- Ensure that existing systems are aligned with organizational goals and objectives
Acquisition and Reporting
- Assist with asset management for the equipment
- Help with NCUA required reporting as needed
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems or equipment
- Research new hardware/software while keeping mindful of spending and cost analysis
- Maintain a detailed EOL schedule for replacing equipment and coordinate with individuals when equipment needs to be replaced
- Manage enterprise directory services and supporting workstation infrastructure
- Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions, and access rights
- Perform upgrades of existing client server based business applications as required
- Design and perform workstation, software and security audits, and recovery processes in accordance with the companys disaster recovery and business continuity strategies
- Ensure that all work is completed in a timely manner and uphold a high level of quality for each issue
- Remains cognizant of and adheres to NWFCU policies and procedures as well as regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)
- Two year college diploma or associates degree in the field of computer science or comparable experience
- 1-3 years experience in the Information Systems field
- CompTIA A+ Certification and/or Certification as a Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA), or comparable experience
- Proven experience with workstation planning, security principles, and general software management best practices
- Knowledge in VMware virtualization desktop technologies
- Knowledge of standard IT Security practices
Northwest Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by law.
NWFCU complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the Human Resources Department at or [email protected]
Job Posting Title: IT Desktop Support Technician II
External Company URL: https://www.nwfcu.org
Street: 200 Spring Street
Report This Job
Jobs For You
How much should you be earning?
Are you getting paid fairly? Find out how much IT Desktop Support Technician IIs are earning in Virginia.