Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
How would you like to be help build technology that runs cities around the country? We are looking to hire a Full-Stack Java Developer to be a part of Intelligent NETworks (iNET) is Parsons' industry-leading smart-city software used to improve the management, efficiency, effectiveness, safety, and livability of our cities and communities.
Our iNET Software provides: Key Capabilities Smart Mobility - No matter the transportation system-freeway, highway, toll road, transit route, tunnel, arterial road, or other-iNET applies state-of-the-art operational solutions to enable smarter mobility and smarter cities overall. Notable smart-mobility functions include: Smart City Monitoring - iNET interfaces with a variety of smart-city sensors, including the following: Integrated Data Environment - iNET stores and standardizes the exchange of all information contained within the environment in real time. All smart-city data is housed within the environment and exchanged in real time using standard C2C interfaces. Big Data Analytics - iNET is a framework for the ingestion and storage of large volumes of transportation and other smart-city data into a cloud- and/or premise-based big data environment. This solution includes integrated big data analytics tools to enable ad hoc reporting of the big data environment information.
In this team, you will be working on Parsons high performance real-time Advanced Transportation Management System platform. You'll be working in state-of-the-art web-based technologies collaboratively with other team members. You will be a strong communicator who is ready to dive into the latest full-stack technologies and develop/modernize our product as well as support ongoing projects. Our ideal candidates will have experience as a Full Stack Java Developer - 70% backend 30% Front End. This role could be 100% remote in the US.
- Provide accurate estimates for project requirements and enhancement requests
- Prepare and document detailed specifications
- Develop Technical designs in accordance with the requirements
- Develop, implement, Test and debug application software primarily using Java/JEE technologies
- Participate and contribute in software and architectural development activities
- Perform at an advanced technical level and demonstrate complete understanding of all phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science or related fields
- Minimum of 8+ years of hands on software development experience in java.
- Experience with popular open source Java libraries and frameworks
- Experience in application/web server environment including Wildfly/JBOSS, Tomcat, IIS.
- Experience using Ant, Maven, Git etc. preferred
- Familiarity with DevOps and Continuous Integration toolsets and concepts
- Experience interfacing with back-end applications using RESTful web services, SOAP, message queues, JSON etc.
- Experience working with big data and/or big data analytics is a plus
- Experience in using cloud based managed services for data warehousing / analytics is a plus
- Knowledge of relational databases such as SQL Server, Oracle and PostgreSQL
- Experience with distributed large data frameworks like Hadoop, Mongo DB, NOSQL
- Experience working on Linux / Unix development and production environments
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBTQ+. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to an individuals race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, union affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, employable physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, immigration status, or any other basis protected by all applicable laws.
Report This Job
Jobs For You
How much should you be earning?
Are you getting paid fairly? Find out how much Full Stack Java Developers are earning in Virginia.