Piper Companies is actively seeking an Animal Technician to join a biomedical research institution in Rockville, MD . This role would perform technical procedures and assisting in the conduct of animal research studies while assisting in facility supervisor tasks.
Responsibilities for the Animal Technician include:
- Specialized technical procedures necessary to maintain continuous operation of an animal facility or to assist in the conduct of animal research studies
- Assist with facility supervisor tasks such as scheduling and reviewing work as well as writing reports
- Assist in the development of new employees
Qualifications for the Animal Technician include:
- At least 1 year of experience in biomedical research
- Bachelor's of Science in Biology, Animal Science, or a related field; or completion of college level Laboratory Animal Technician
- ALAT, LAT, or LATg certification from AALAS (American Association for Laboratory Animal Science)
Compensation for the Animal Technician position includes:
- Salary up to $65,000 based on meeting of requirements
- Full benefits: Cigna Medical, Metlife Dental, Vision, 401k
Biomedical, research, animal, technician, physical, technical, institution, medical, life, science, laboratory, facilities, methods, materials, experience, LAT, certification, AALAS, (American Association for Laboratory Animal Science) , LAT, LATg, specialized, conduct, clinical, nonhuman, procedures, operation, assist, supervisor, supervisory, training, scheduling, reports, illness, abnormalities, observations, caretakers, investigators, experimental, experiment, bio, biology, medtech, test, study, studies, trials, in-vivo, BS, bachelors of science
Report This Job
Jobs For You
How much should you be earning?
Are you getting paid fairly? Find out how much Animal Technicians are earning in Maryland.