Description If you're looking to build your career in accounting, there's currently a short-term contract / temporary to hire Staff Accountant position in the Non-Profit industry with Robert Half that you may want to check out. As a Staff Accountant, you will prepare journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance and general ledger reconciliation. You will be responsible for many aspects of internal reporting during the monthly close. You will provide support in developing and implementing accounting policies. In addition, you will take part in compliance, communicate with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and review schedules for the reporting processes. This position is very involved as it will produce Cash Flow projections, Budgets, and Financial Statements. Based in the North Bethesda, Maryland region, this company offers an engaging and mulit-faceted opportunity where effort is rewarded.
Your responsibilities in this role
- Ready complex journal entries and account reconciliations including but not limited to cash, prepaid expenses and payroll
- Execute month end close, journal entries, with little supervision
- Report on a wide variety of financial data and communicate it in a useful and understandable manner
- Assist in monthly financial close workbook preparation, including annual closing process
- Keep up fixed asset ledger, depreciation, and reconciliation
- Participate in various initiatives spanning multiple departments
- Maintain monthly payment schedules
- Prepare monthly balance sheet and income statement analyses for management reporting
- Assist in implementation, maintenance and adherence to internal controls and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP
- Ad-hoc tasks and special projects, as needed Requirements - 2+ years of recent and relevant accounting experience
- Attentive, ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Proficient with spreadsheets and databases
- Deep understanding of month end closings
- Knowledge of Enter Vendor Invoices
- Form 1099 experience
- Accounts Payable (AP) experience
- Accruals experience highly desired
- Mature organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter, ability to identify issues and resolve problems
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic and constantly changing company environment
- Knowledgeable of ERP systems
- Ability and willingness to meet business critical deadlines
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to retain complex work directions
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Competent with spreadsheets and databases
Robert Half is the worlds first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at . All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.
Report This Job
Jobs For You
How much should you be earning?
Are you getting paid fairly? Find out how much Staff Accountants are earning in Maryland.