Description Robert Half is seeking candidates for a full-time Staff Accountant position, which will become a critical part of an innovative Non-Profit company. If you are driven by a challenging work environment with many components, you will thrive in this role. The Staff Accountant will prepare journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance, and general ledger reconciliation. This role's duties include internal reporting during the monthly close, participate in compliance, interact with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and review schedules reporting processes. Located in the North Bethesda, Maryland area, this position is a challenging, multi-faceted opportunity to work for a company that recognizes and rewards hard work. This position is ideal for a detail-oriented and analytical thinker with a talent for creating Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets.
- Prepare analyses for monthly balance sheets and income statements for management to report on
- Conduct month end close and compose journal entries with minimal supervision
- Support the month end, quarter end and year end closing process, which includes monthly financial close workbook preparation
- Maintain intercompany transactions, billings, and reconciliation
- Upon request, take part in special projects and impromptu reporting
- Coordinate and analyze a variety of financial data, then report it in a way that is useful and understandable
- Produce complex journal entries and account reconciliations which include, but are not limited to, cash, prepaid expenses, and payroll
- In-depth experience with reconciling month end balance sheet accounts
- Maintain, implement, and adhere to internal controls while ensuring that accounting procedures comply with GAAP
- Oversee depreciation, fixed asset ledgers, and reconciliation
- Organize schedules for monthly payments and capital lease
- Periodic maintenance and reconciliation of journal entries
- Partake in a variety of department-wide initiatives Requirements - Commitment and abilities to meet critical business deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic and constantly changing company environment
- Seizes opportunities to produce results without direct supervision
- High attention to detail
- ERP system experience
- Top notch analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Foundational knowledge in cash reconciliations
- Strong familiarity with Form 1099
- Account reconciliation experience highly desired
- Accounts Payable (AP) experience desired
- Accounts Payable (AP) experience required
- Working knowledge of spreadsheets and databases
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Fully formed organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Recent and relevant accounting experience
- Ability to work within spreadsheets and databases
Robert Half is the worlds first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at . All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.
Report This Job
Jobs For You
How much should you be earning?
Are you getting paid fairly? Find out how much Staff Accountants are earning in Maryland.