What we're looking for...
ScienceLogic is looking for a senior accountant to join our growing finance team. Reporting directly to the Director of Finance & Accounting, this is a unique opportunity for a highly-motivated, process-minded individual as the role will provide experience and growth across the accounting function including: month-end close, revenue accounting, international accounting, intercompany accounting, financial reporting, technical accounting and internal control projects.
Who we are...
ScienceLogic is the cloud-enabling company for the next generation of IT. Operating on cutting-edge technologies and driving innovation with AI/ML, we have taken the IT monitoring space by storm.
ScienceLogic closed its Series E funding round earlier in 2021 and the finance team is at the forefront in ensuring the company continues to adopt best practices, technologies and processes to drive scale and growth. Our finance team is a close-knit and collaborative group made up of high-energy and self-motivated individuals who run the numbers, provide insights and partner cross-functionally to grow the business.
What you'll be doing...
Revenue accounting (25%)
- Working with the Revenue Accounting Manager on contract review, monthly revenue journal entries and revenue account reconciliations.
- Preparing revenue schedules based on ASC 606 guidance.
- Tracking performance obligations for revenue based on fulfillment.
- Drafting revenue technical accounting memos and policies.
- Ensure revenue accounting controls are operating effectively and documented.
Month-end close (25%)
- Working with the Director of Finance & Accounting on consolidated monthly-close including journal entries, reconciliations and supporting schedules/reporting.
- Prepare accounting entries for various accounts, including the company's debt instruments, shareholder's equity, acquisition-related accounting, and certain other liability accounts.
- Responsible for international accounting including ledgers, transfer pricing calculations, intercompany reconciliations, and coordinating with external local international accounting teams.
Financial reporting (25%)
- Working with the Director of Finance & Accounting, responding to external audit requests and preparing supporting documentation for the consolidated annual financial statement audit (Big4).
- Draft and present financial statements, footnote disclosures and supplemental notes to financial statements.
- Manage the international subsidiary requests, statutory audits and tax filings including UK, Ireland, Canada, Taiwan, Singapore, Australia, Canada.
Accounting Policies and Internal Controls (25%)
- Document accounting policies, processes and internal controls, consistent with US GAAP.
- Develop, maintain and update internal control documentation including process flow diagrams, narratives, and design and operating effectiveness testing.
- Develop, maintain and update technical accounting memos.
Qualities you possess...
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- CPA certification is required
- 3+ years of relevant accounting experience, with a mix of public accounting audit, SOX/internal audit and private company experience preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting principles (GAAP)
- Prior experience with software and/or SaaS companies and ASC 606 preferred
- NetSuite, Salesforce, Carta experience a plus
- Ability to be flexible, learn, and work effectively in teams
- Tech savvy and MS Excel super user; must be comfortable working with and analyzing large datasets and comfortable with creating end to end automation of business processes
- Superior problem-solving skills and ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines
- Team player with a strong work ethic who wants to continually learn and grow in accounting
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to resolve and predict problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.
Report This Job
Jobs For You
How much should you be earning?
Are you getting paid fairly? Find out how much Sr Accountants are earning in Virginia.