If youre looking for an exciting and challenging Mid-Level Business Systems Analyst position supporting Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS), then Serco has a great opportunity for you!
Serco supports the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, a federal agency within the United States Department of Health and Human Services that administers the Medicare program and works in partnership with state governments to continue supporting eligibility determinations for consumers purchasing health insurance through the Federal Health Insurance Exchanges.
The Mid-Level Business Systems Analyst will be located in Herndon, VA (with the option to telework) and will review, analyze, and evaluate business systems and user needs; formulates systems to parallel overall business strategies. The Mid-Level Business Systems Analyst will write a detailed description of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify computer programs. Will rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Will perform a variety of complicated tasks. May lead and direct the work of others. May report directly to a project lead or manager.
In this role, you will:
- Write Functional/technical requirements based on Business Requirements documentation/tickets.
- Review, analyze and deliver Issue Research
- Prepare, assign and work all System and Business Requirements received
- System maintenance: create necessary tickets, release notes and Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM)
- Document Peer Review : participate and run for documentation created by the team
- Actively participate in Joint Application Development session
- Understand business rules and be able to apply them to the functional/technical requirements
- Conduct research and analysis related to new business rules and impact on systems
- Understand and utilize the 4 pillars of requirements development: Elicitation, Analysis, Specification and Validation
- Understand and utilize requirement management practices: Version control, change control, requirement status tracking and requirement tracing
- Lead and coordinate the elicitation of requirements by identifying and collaborating with the necessary stakeholders i.e., Service Delivery, Solutions Architecture, Quality Assurance, and all Application Development teams
- Facilitate discussions with Service Delivery, Quality Assurance, Solutions Architect, and application development teams post requirement gathering to ensure requirements integrity
- Perform post production support by performing analysis and monitoring deployment results
- Create daily and postproduction reports
- Model the as is/to be application environment
- Create prototypes for user interface and technical workflows
- Create necessary data and mapping documents
- Analyze requirements feasibility
- Prioritize the requirements
- Model the requirements
- Coach, mentor, and peer review newer BSAs, including overseeing new employee onboarding and knowledge Transfer
- Project/Release documentation: Functional Requirements Document, Release notes, RTM, and Meeting minutes for Demos
- Serve as a scrum master for product lines or projects
- Provide feedback and recommendations for SDLC and process improvements
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Bachelors degree in related field and 5-7 years of experience
- Knowledgeable in SQL, JIRA, Microsoft products and Visio.
- Experience in writing Functional Requirement documentation and Technical Requirement documentation.
- Familiarity with relational database concepts, and client-server concepts.
- The ability to understand and write process flows.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. military, numerous U.S. Federal civilian agencies, the Intelligence Community, the Canadian government, state and local governments, and commercial clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco Americas has over 9,000 employees and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset - we listen, respect and support them throughout their career at Serco. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying our workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
To review Serco benefits please visit: https://www.serco.com/na/careers/benefits-of-choosing-serco .
If you require an accommodation with the application process please email: [email protected] or call the HR Service Desk at , option 1. Please note, due to EEOC/OFCCP compliance, Serco is unable to accept resumes by email.
Serco does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies without being a contracted approved vendor. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Serco and will not be obligated to pay a placement or contract fee. If you are interested in becoming an approved vendor at Serco, please email [email protected] .
Click here to apply now (https://careers-sercona.icims.com/jobs/46862/mid-level-business-systems-analyst/job?mode=apply&apply=yes&in_iframe=1&hashed=-130)
Refer a friend for this job
New to Serco?
Join our Talent Community! (https://talent.serco-na.com/talentcommunity/signup)
Recruiting Location : Location US-VA-Herndon
Category Business Systems/Analysis
Position Type Full-Time
Security Clearance None
Telework Yes - May Consider Full Time Teleworking for this position
Report This Job
Jobs For You
How much should you be earning?
Are you getting paid fairly? Find out how much Mid Level Business Systems Analysts are earning in Virginia.