Sony Corporation of America, located in New York, NY, is the U.S. headquarters of Sony Group Corporation, based in Tokyo, Japan. Sony's principal U.S. businesses include Sony Electronics Inc., Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC, Sony Music Entertainment, Sony Music Publishing and Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc. With some 900 million Sony devices in hands and homes worldwide today, a vast array of Sony movies, television shows and music, and the PlayStation Network, Sony creates and delivers more entertainment experiences to more people than anyone else on earth. To learn more: www.sony.com/en.
Sony Corporation of America is seeking a Senior Engineer to join the Global Information Security Department. We're currently looking for smart, enthusiastic people who want to help us continue to secure Sony's ecosystem. This position will be a part of the team responsible for creating and enhancing a broad range of cybersecurity-related architectures as a pivotal part of Sony's global information security strategy, while being subject matter experts for various security areas to ensure our security practices and controls constantly improve. The Senior Manager will have a good balance of business and technical knowledge and will be comfortable across many disciplines of Information Technology and demonstrate a strong passion for Information Security.
- Provide expertise and direction relative to processes, projects, issues, and initiatives regarding email security architecture
- Prepare and present briefings on email security strategy, solutions, metrics and recommendations tailored to varying levels of technical expertise
- Support technical implementation of email security solutions and controls
- Recognizes, analyzes email patterns or trends, and responds to security events and escalates to management
- Consults with business peers to analyze, support, and resolve Cybersecurity events
- Develop, mature, and maintain email security architecture strategy, principles, models, standards, guidelines, and configurations
- Support a diverse range of information technology-enabled business activities through the establishment of threat-informed information security requirements
- Liaise technical insight and impacts of security standards, capabilities, and reference architecture to Sony group companies
- Demonstrate the relationship between security capability and technology selection, Information Systems strategy, security investment decisions, and capability effectiveness evaluation.
- Work closely with Sony Group Companies to find creative, composable security solutions to improve Sony's overall email security posture
- Research, model and track secure system standards, industry trends, market technology, threat groups, tactics and procedures for ecosystem applicability and reference
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, information systems, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years' experience in cyber security related field
- Understanding of technical solutions to detect and prevent phishing, business email compromise, email fraud and other email-based attacks
- Knowledge of RFC(Request For Comments) standards, email records, and email headers
- Experience developing and refining threat-informed email security solutions (cloud based preferred)
- Analyze, configure, test, document and implement upgrades to email security processes, controls or products
- Demonstrated knowledge of web protocols and an in-depth knowledge of Windows, Linux and/or Unix tools and architecture is preferred
- Strong communication and advocacy skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to express complex and technical issues in clear and concise language
- Demonstrated experience technical writing of security standards, models, principles and other documentation
- Technical certifications or other demonstrations of passion in security and technology (e.g., Security+, CISSP, open source projects or equivalent) preferred
- Ability to work independently in unstructured situations with little oversight
- All candidates must be authorized to work in the USA
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, military status, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or family status, genetic information, medical condition, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation.
Disability Accommodation for Applicants to Sony Corporation of America
Sony Corporation of America provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. For reasonable accommodation requests, please contact us by email at [email protected] or by mail to: Sony Corporation of America, Human Resources Department, 25 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10010. Please indicate the position you are applying for.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work (English/Spanish)
E-Verify Participation (English/Spanish)
Report This Job
Jobs For You
How much should you be earning?
Are you getting paid fairly? Find out how much Senior Engineer Security Architecture and Engineerings are earning in Virginia.