The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for aSenior Software Engineer for our Technology department.
This position is based in our Reston, VA office OR via remote work arrangement.
About the Role
BigFutureis a fast-paced and innovative division of the College Board that is focused on bringing the best tools and services to help students plan for college and their careers.
We have several teams working in this space and each engineer has opportunities to work on several different products,so we never have stale backlogs!
Responsibilities of the role
- Using the best Cloud technologies, you will design and implement high-quality solutions in support ofBigFutureforthenext generation ofstudents.
- You will work with product owners, architects and various stakeholders to design these solutions to the highest engineering standards.
- You will build solutions using the best practices of Agile, CI/CD andDevOps.
Qualifications needed for the role
- Bachelor'sDegree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 5-7+years of professional software development experience
- 2-3years Cloud development experience using Node.js, Python or Java
- Experienced building event-driven Cloud based serverless applications
- Strong Comp sci.fundamentals i.e., design patterns, data structures, algorithms, and database design
- Strong experience with version control using Git, build automation using Webpack, continuous integration using AWS Code Pipeline or similar, and test automation
- Strong Linux based operating system experience
- Proven experienceas a collaborative member of fast-pacedengineering teams
Preferred skills and attributes for the role
- Independent, proactive, and able to deliverhigh quality code
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills - working cross-functionally with other engineers and stakeholders
- You seek to drive change and influence others through clear and effective communication
- Enthusiastic about innovating and learning in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in building frameworks and libraries from scratch
- You're an advocate for best practices and newer technologies
Why join the College Board
- You'll work with other senior, high-performing engineers so you will be constantly learning and sharpening your skills
- Competitive pay with Excellent Benefits.
- Our culture is something we strive to constantly improve and practice daily
- We have a lot of fun bringing wild ideas to life at Hack Day!
Report This Job
Jobs For You
How much should you be earning?
Are you getting paid fairly? Find out how much Senior Software Engineers are earning in Virginia.