Who We Are:
Thompson Hospitality is the nations largest minority-owned food and facilities management company. Our services include hospitality, full dining and quick service restaurants, campus dining, diversity consultation, facility operations and maintenance management. We are a family-run organization with nearly thirty years providing services built on our core mission to provide a positive experience to every relationship in which we are involved: one guest, one client, one team member at a time. We employ over 6,000 employees, serving clients in over 46 states to include more than 1.9 million guests each year. Thompson Hospitality focuses on three core areas in everything we do:
- Give back to our communities
- Celebrate diversity
- Do the right thing
- Treat people the way you want to be treated
- Always do your best
- Be accountable for our actions
- Serve the highest quality food
- Provide world-class service
- Maintain flexibility to better serve our clients
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k), matched up to 4%
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
- Pet Insurance
- Discounts: Hotels, Travel, Tickets
The Director of Training and Development will create and deliver dynamic, effective training to deliver on our promise of delivering exceptional food and service for each and every guest. The right person will be responsible for partnering with the VP of Operations and District Managers to create and execute training curriculum for multiple concepts across multiple units for Management; Front of the House and Back of the House associates. The Director of Training and Development will play an integral role with culinary and operations in developing training for new product roll-outs and continuing education and skill development of associates at all levels of the company.
Job Responsibilities will include the following but are not limited to:
- Oversee the execution of all training and certification programs for Managers and hourly associates to ensure compliance of company standards, execution of training schedules and certification of training restaurants.
- Writing, updating, organizing and delivering new training materials in accordance with the company mission, values and culture.
- Implementing an effective leadership development process by leveraging and incorporating best practices.
- Leadingand facilitating training plans and calendars for business units and/or functional areas.
- Researching training tools, providing recommendations on various outside vendors, and assessing effectiveness of programs specifically demonstrating ROI.
- Responsible for new store/account openings.
- Delivers onsite and field training.
- Collaborates with VP and DMs to analyze operational and developmental opportunities.
- Obtains feedback on programs and recommends improvements to training programs.
- Evaluates and reviews survey results.
- Ensures locations maintain product quality, customer service, cleanliness and maintenance, training, staffing and branding standards.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- At least 5 years of operations and training experience in a food service environment preferred.
- Certified ServSafe instructor, preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills as well as the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Superior presentation and facilitation skills.
- Computer skills; Proficient in MS Office programs.
- Powerful written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven track record demonstrating mastery of coaching skills and techniques used to develop employees in a food service environment.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, experience and judgment in a timely manner with incomplete information and under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated knowledge in current Learning & Development techniques, practices, trends and technology.
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with customers and build trust with audiences at all levels of the Company.
- Substantial travel required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Travel: This position requires up to 40%-50% travel.
Weprovide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Report This Job
Jobs For You
How much should you be earning?
Are you getting paid fairly? Find out how much Director of Training and Developments are earning in Virginia.