Unissant, Inc. is an innovative solutions development and consulting company committed to delivering simplicity through innovation. We meet this commitment by delivering state-of-the-art enterprise computing and processing solutions to both government and commercial clients. Our workforce continually strives to advance y(our) collective intellect through collaborative fortitude, and we are looking for further talent to join that effort! To learn more about our exciting organization, please visit us at www.unissant.com
We are seeking a Data Engineer (Junior) to join our team and support our client in Alexandria, VA.
When responding to this opportunity, please speak to the relevancy of your work experience in your cover letter.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with the guidance of Senior Data Engineers.
- Responsible for designing and building systems to collect and process data (and events) at massive scale. The data is used for a variety of purposes from business insights to application(s) monitoring.
- Conducts and coordinates the design and implementation of software development to meet user requirements.
- Performs quality assurance activities such as peer reviews.
- Support Operations and Maintenance (O&M) tasks for all application programs and assist with analyzing and troubleshooting production issues.
- Analyze business requirements and create technical specifications, develops unit test plans to verify functionality of new and or revised applications.
- Develops technical design specifications for application development.
- A minimum 4 years of experience in complete software development lifecycle using Agile methodologies
- 4+ years of Java or Scala development experience
- Experience with at least one of the following technologies:
- Distributed NoSQL/Key-Value stores such as HBase, Cassandra, or DynamoDB
- Distributed search engines like Elasticsearch or Solr
- Batch and distributed stream processing methods such as Apache Spark and Kafka
- Restful web services experience with code development, deployment, versioning, and build tools (e.g. Eclipse, Git, Gradle, Maven, Jenkins)
- Understanding of Microservices architecture, including professional experience in the design, build, and operations of micro services in a production environment
- 4+ years of experience with Relational Database Systems and SQL
- 2+ years of experience with UNIX/Linux and shell scripting
- 1+ years of experience with developing containerized applications using Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes
- Experience delivering solutions using Amazon Web Services (AWS EC2, RDS, S3, VPC)
- Knowledge and experience in software development with the identified technologies
- Knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office including Excel, Office, etc.
- Comprehensive problem-solving skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Willingness to learn, evolve and multi-task.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other related discipline required
Certificates, Licenses & Registrations:
- US citizens only due to federal/government requirement.
- Must be able to clear U.S. Customs and Border Protection Background Investigation (BI)
- Existing Customs and Border Protection BI desired
- Good communication, personal, and governance skills.
- Solid ability to interface, inspire and motivate at various levels of the organization.
- Ability to convey technical information to non-technical individuals.
- Demonstrated experience communicating effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Willing to travel occasionally as needed (up to 10%)
- Mainly sedentary; in an office environment.
- May be required to lift up to ten (10) pounds
- Flexible in working extended hours
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Unissant management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, where applicable and available, reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of this position.
Please note: Candidate(s) will be required to go through pre-employment screening.
Unissant, Inc. is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer! (EOE; M/F/D/V)
Report This Job
Jobs For You
How much should you be earning?
Are you getting paid fairly? Find out how much Data Engineer Junior s are earning in Virginia.