We're JLL-a leading professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. We have operations in over 80 countries and a workforce of over 91,000 individuals around the world who help real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. As a global Fortune 500 company, we also have an inherent responsibility to drive sustainability and corporate social responsibility. That's why we're committed to our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world. We're using the most advanced technology to create rewarding opportunities, amazing spaces and sustainable real estate solutions for our clients, our people and our communities.
Our core values of teamwork, ethics and excellence are also fundamental to everything we do and we're honored to be recognized with awards for our success by organizations both globally and locally.
Creating a diverse and inclusive culture where we all feel welcomed, valued and empowered to achieve our full potential is important to who we are today and where we're headed in the future. And we know that unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives help us think bigger, spark innovation and succeed together.
If this resonates with you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet all of the requirements below. We're interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
- Perform maintenance, monitoring repairs to the Mechanical, Plumbing, Structural, Furniture, Fire, Life Safety, and Control systems for the facility to keep the site and building systems up to applicable standards as assigned
- Maintains responsibility for facility/site services, preventative maintenance, purchasing and inventory control, contracted maintenance, general maintenance and technical proficiency.
- Performs Critical Systems rounds and ensures proper operation on them.
- Maintenance of the equipment will include cleaning, inspecting, calibrating and changing parts to maintain the HVAC systems and associated equipment at optimum performance levels.
Operating Engineer- need to have knowledge of the building systems in a research facility, also mechanical and electrical systems of apartment buildings, hotel, residential and commercials building.
- Operating Engineer is the lead on his shift, he/she will be leading a Shift Mechanic. Shifts consist of one Operating Engineer and one Shift Mechanic.
- Operating Engineer is responsible for monitoring incoming work orders and e-mails after hours 5PM-8AM on the weekdays and 24/7 over weekends.
- The Operating Engineer is responsible for the LOTO, Hot work, Impairment log, Red Tag, Key Logs for their accuracy and being completed.
- Record readings and make adjustments and repairs where necessary, Operating Engineer ensures proper operation of equipment.
- Comply with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage, and disposal of hazardous materials; maintain a clean and safe workplace and mechanical rooms.
- Perform periodic checks of tool and instrument inventory.
- Monitor the maintenance work performed by outside contractors. Contractors report to Operating Engineer first, then the Operating Engineer point them as needed.
The Operating Engineer is responsible for the operation of critical systems campus wide; this includes Building Automation System, AHUs,Steam Plant, Chilled Water Plant, Lab Utility system, Fire Protection Systems, Emergency Power Generators, Alternate Fuel Propane system, and many other critical systems to support our research facility operation.
Operating Engineer needs to be aware of what to do when issues arise like leaks, power outages, tenant calls, and fire alarms.
Mentoring/leading onsite mechanics, lead in emergency response.
Any and all other duties and tasks assigned.
Shift work 12hr days or nights
Must be available for Call-in work, cover other shifts and perform other duties as required.
Possibility of staying onsite in emergency situation
What you can expect from us
We succeed together and believe the best inspire the best, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating our success.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your career ambitions, recognizing your contributions, investing in your well-being and providing competitive benefits and pay.
We can't wait to see where your ambitions take you at JLL. Apply today!
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL's recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle ("JLL") is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process - including the online application and/or overall selection process - you may email us at [email protected] This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us pageI want to work for JLL.
Report This Job
Jobs For You
How much should you be earning?
Are you getting paid fairly? Find out how much Specialist Engineering Services are earning in Virginia.