Principal Software Engineer
Seeking a Principal Software Engineer to support the design, development, and deployment of advanced cybersecurity capabilities.
Security Clearance Requirements:
This position requires all candidates to be a U.S. Citizen and possess an Active Secret clearance. Candidates must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance and DHS suitability.
- Collaborating with Agile Scrum teams as a key contributor responsible for the design, test and implementation of advanced cybersecurity-oriented capabilities
- Creating intuitive interfaces and interaction layers using industry best practices, latest web trends/technologies and associated tools
- Developing and performing automated builds, testing and deployments
- Developing high quality technical documentation, as needed, including user guides, test plans, and contract deliverable items
Required Education & Years of Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical field
- Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education.
- 8+ years of applicable experience
- 2+ years of developing in an AWS environment
- AWS cloud technology knowledge and implementation experience
- Proven leadership skills and meaningful experience successfully leading technical teams and projects
- Able to work effectively as a leader, in a group, or as an individual contributor
- Innovative, technical mindset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and proven ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization
- Proven track record of achieving desired results
- Strong and diverse business and technical acumen
- Experience working with senior leadership including VP and Director levels
- Experience in the following AWS technologies:
- Lambda, EMR, CloudFormation, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, Route53, IAM, Cognito, Athena, Sagemaker, Glue, ELB
- Familiarity in the following AWS technologies:
- GuardDuty, Security Hub, Config, SSM, SNS, SQS, S3/Glacier, KMS, Certificate Manager, Secrets Manager, CLI, EC2, EBS, WAF Security Groups, NACL, VPC, Availability Zones
- Familiarity with the following technologies in a cloud environment:
- Elk Stack (ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana), Ansible, Nessus, ClamAV, AIDE, Splunk, DNS, NAT, git
- Azure cloud technology knowledge and implementation experience
- Influential communication and ability to achieve alignment
- Experience managing many people and projects
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Experience working in DevOps and/or DevSecOps environments
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) knowledge and experience
- Experience working on projects that implement analytic models into production systems
- Experience with AWS technologies, and migrations from on-prem to AWS
- Experience with agile tools, including Jira and Jira Align
- DoD 8570.1 IAT Level II
- AWS Cloud-related certifications
WOOD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
External Company Name: WOOD Consulting Services
External Company URL: www.woodcons.com
Report This Job
Jobs For You
How much should you be earning?
Are you getting paid fairly? Find out how much Software Engineer Level 5s are earning in Virginia.