Database Engineer (PureData)
14 days ago
3 people have applied
Vaxcom Services, Inc.
Vaxcom Services Inc. (an Xator Corporation National Security Solutions Company) is a niche provider of intelligence related support services. We are recognized experts in Intelligence Community with subject matter expertise in the areas of Technical/IT Services, Operations, and Intelligence Services.
Clearance Requirement: Active or Current TS/SCI clearance is required.
Database Engineer (PureData)
The Database Engineer (PureData) provides technical expertise for database design, development, implementation, information storage and retrieval, data flow and analysis. Develops relational and/or Object-Oriented databases, database parser software, and database loading software. Projects long-range requirements for database administration and design. Responsible for developing a database structure that fits into the overall architecture of the system under development and has to make trades among data volumes, number of users, logical and physical distribution, response times, retention rules, security and domain controls. The Database Engineer works primarily at the front end of the lifecycle-requirements through system acceptance testing and Initial Operational Capability (IOC). Develops requirements from a projects inception to its conclusion for a particular business and Information Technology (IT) subject matter area (i.e., simple to complex systems). Assist with recommendations for, and analysis and evaluation of systems improvements, optimization, development, and/or maintenance efforts. Translates a set of requirements and data into a usable document by creating or recreating ad hoc queries, scripts, and macros; updates existing queries, creates new ones to manipulate data into a master file; and builds complex systems using queries, tables, Open Database Connectivity and database storage and retrieval using Cloud methodologies.
- Apache Hadoop, PostgresSQL, MYSQL or VMware or Oracle DBMS knowledge
- Possess knowledge of SQL Server and its tools including the facets of successfully administering a wide range of simple to highly complex environments.
- Experience with data and schema design and engineering
- Demonstrated practical experience with data migration from legacy systems to central repositories
- Industry standard exchange schema implementation experience (E.g. Cybox or Capec)
- Be able to evaluate and install new software releases, patches and system upgrades.
- Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of database tuning: software configuration, memory usage, data access, data manipulation, SQL, and physical storage.
- Experience supporting technology strategy / roadmap.
- Experience with development and execution of database security policies, procedures and auditing-experience with database authentication methods, authorization methods, and data encryption techniques.
- Possess good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must work well in a team environment as well as independently.
- Must exhibit good time management skills, independent decision making capability; focus on customer service.
- Ability to work with the other technical members of the team to administer and support the overall database and applications environment.
- Experience database engineering support to DHS, DoD or Intelligence Customers
- Data Scientist skills and experience
- Understanding of Certification and Accreditation (NIST 800-53) processes as they apply to database technologies
- Operating system and hardware platform knowledge preferred.
- Experience working with large unstructured data sets
- Experience with Map/Reduce technologies
- Experience with process development and deployment
- Trained in Six Sigma Methodology
- ITIL knowledge and certification
- Cloudera Certified Professional (CCP): Data Scientist
- CCDH: Cloudera Certified Developer for Apache Hadoop
- CCAH: Cloudera Certified Administrator for Apache Hadoop
- CCSHB: Cloudera Certified Specialist in Apache HBase
- CSSLP Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional
- Database specific certifications as appropriate to position
- DODI 8570.1 Compliance at IAT Level I certification highly desired.
On September 24, 2021, the U.S. Governments Safer Federal Workforce Task Force issued 2021 Guidance for Federal Contractors and Subcontractors mandating that Covered federal contractors, including Xator Corporation, and their employees shall be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Therefore, this position may require individuals to be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) or have been granted a religious or medical accommodation by December 8, 2021 or shortly thereafter.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Xator Corporation, and its Subsidiaries, provides equal opportunity to all applicants for employment as required by and/or consistent with applicable country law and company policy. Consistent with the foregoing, Xator Corporation provides qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veterans status, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status(s) protected by law. In the United States, Xator Corporation ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Powered by JazzHR
Report this Job