We found 1 Agile Project Manager jobs in Ashburn
Agile Project Manager in Ashburn
Filter your jobs:
Senior Agile Project Manager
Your role in helping us shape the future:
Our company is driving marketplace transformation and generating a cultural evolution! This means that many new services, products, programs, practices and tools are being developed every day! To be a part of the excitement, you must be someone who can thrive in such a dynamic environment, while also possessing a naturally positive outlook, solid professional discipline and an agreeable likeability!
You will work among some of the sharpest minds on the planet, including Engineers, Rocket Scientists, Architects and Business Professionals like yourself! You will be a part of deploying the world's most expansive and advanced satellite technology ever achieved! But it's our people that define our success and are our greatest assets!
Are you up to the challenge?
The Senior Agile Project Manager who joins our EPMO team is responsible for participating in cross-functional, strategic IT initiatives, to proactively anticipate, identify and overcome obstacles and drive the team forward.
Our IT Project Managers are leaders that deal with ambiguity, in a highly matrixed environment, providing structure and an environment of accountability to keep teams focused on achieving agreed project objectives on schedule and budget.
Can you drive these processes?
To join our team of Project Management experts, you will need to
- Participate in different types of projects including technology and application development, solution orchestration and integration, COTS product selection study and implementation, upgrades and deployments and operational efficiency improvements
- Model the Agile Project Manager role: iteratively plan, schedule, conduct, and participate in meetings. Perform release planning, backlog grooming, demos, and retrospectives
- Coach team members to clearly define their roles and deliverables, under and agile framework
- Help teams implement/improve Agile development approaches
- Act as a Facilitator running Release Planning Sessions and Retrospectives on a large program level scale
- Bring clarity to project objectives, plan and deliverables such that conflicts are minimized
- Be able to pull together numerous aspects of a proposed solution, to create a cohesive and organized plan, motivate resources to execute on that plan, and drive the plan through to its final and committed completion
- Develop comprehensive project work breakdown structures and associated schedules, resolving project ambiguities as necessary
- Be comfortable and capable managing projects that may have unknowns, ambiguity and uncertainty, which you can sensibly define, structure and convey to others in a clear and organized manner
- Possess technical depth and proficiency in Software Development Lifecycle, and contribute your ideas and offer logical analysis, when managing complex and creative project solutions
- Demonstrate your ability to have ownership of your projects, holding others accountable with respect and consideration, while also pushing them to deliver on their responsibilities
- Ability to anticipate, track and clearly articulate risks, changes, opportunities, implications and options, as well as offer sound judgement and recommendations for mitigating program impacting events
- Be comfortable and capable to produce articulate and proficient written documentation, including status reports, correspondences, presentations, illustrations and reference materials
- Develop and deliver communication strategies that convey status, end state and ensure stakeholder expectations are set appropriately
You should definitely have:
- Minimum three to five years of professional Project Management experience over large, complex IT initiatives
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education and experience commensurate with the responsibilities of this role
- Experience earning the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders; motivating teams; resolving conflict; delivering tough messages
- Experience scaling agile to a product line and organization with a lean/agile approach while meeting the controls needed in a financial industry.
- Experience with one or more agile tools (such as Jira, RTC, Rally or Version One) and agile frameworks (Kanban, scrum, lean etc.)
- SAFe experience
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) certification
- Experience managing mid-sized to large dynamic IT and/or System Engineering projects
- Experience interfacing with systems and network engineering, operations and commercial teams, and a thorough understanding of the key business drivers
- Ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision both verbally and written
- Proven ability to work fast, accurately and under pressure in a dynamic environment
- Outstanding professional composure and a delightful disposition to support both internal and external customers and vendors; must have genuine nature of conveying decorum and diplomacy
It would be nice if you had:
- Previous experience supporting Custom and OOTB implementation(s), in communications systems, operational support systems, business support systems, and/or complex integration and test programs preferred, but not required
- Fundamental understanding of systems engineering and technology product development
- Experience and familiarity with satellite communications, satellite-based video & data services a strong plus
- Experience working with multifunctional internal customers and external vendors is preferred
- Technical and creative expertise that goes beyond mechanical project management practices
- Strong sense of self-awareness and a proven track record of personal and professional continuous improvement
- Certified Project Management and/or Scrum Master credentials preferred, but not required
- Examples of personal and professional innovation and creativity endeavors
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you must be a bold thinker who will have a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come!
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement and training
- Fun, diverse and inclusive culture
Other Job Info:
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Job requires ability to sit for long periods of time
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.