We found 1 Economic Development jobs in Ashburn
Economic Development in Ashburn
Filter your jobs:
NCSL POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
JOB TITLE: Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Policy AssociateÃ‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚
PROGRAM:Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ State-Federal RelationsÃ‚
LOCATION:Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Washington, DC
SALARY:Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ Ã‚ $4,199 p/month
Are you ready to join an organization with an extraordinary mission? The National Conference of State Legislatures offers careers where you can use your skills, knowledge and experience to truly make a difference. NCSLÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s mission is purposeful Ã¢â‚¬â€œ strengthening the legislative institution. From informing effective policies and promoting communication among state legislatures, to ensuring states have a strong, cohesive voice in the federal system, our team works in service of legislatures. And, with a commitment to constantly innovating all resources and services to meet the evolving needs of members, NCSL has earned the reputation as the nationÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s most trusted bipartisan membership organization for legislators and legislative staff. Our success serving NCSL members relies on our team of passionate, dedicated professionals who work diligently to strengthen the legislative institution. Join our team and contribute to this unique, essential mission.
The Policy Associate will provide support on labor, economic development, trade and military issues to the State-Federal Division of NCSL and will work under the direction of the Director for the Labor/Economic Development Committee and the D.C. office director.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Monitors federal legislative and regulatory initiatives that affects states.
- Attends briefings, coalition meetings, hearings, seminars and other meetings on issues pertaining to federal labor, economic development and trade issues;
- Conducts outreach to staff of members of Congress and the administration on NCSL policy;
- Helps forecast upcoming federal issues that may affect state legislatures (related to the above issue areas);
- Prepares written summaries, analyses and other background materials on federal legislative and regulatory initiatives and on meetings attended;
- Makes oral presentations to the NCSL Committees on Labor & Economic Development and to other groups as assigned;
- Assists in drafting testimony, comments on regulations, letters to Congress and other correspondence related to federal legislative and regulatory initiatives; and
- Assists with the drafting of the CommitteeÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s newsletters and reports.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
This position is a mostly performed in an office environment with prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.Ã‚ The incumbent will utilize standard office equipment such as filing cabinets, copy machines, laptops, printers, scanners, and smartphones. Travel by airplane including overnights and weekends required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note this is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Responsibilities, expectations, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.Ã‚
QUALIFICATIONS FOR SUCCESS:
- Bachelor's degree plus three years of relevant work experience, including at least one year of professional research or public policy experience with NCSL, in state government, or with a public policy organization. A post-baccalaureate or graduate degree (i.e. masterÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s degree, professional degree, or doctoral degree) may be substituted for up to one year of the required work experience.
- Excellence in writing, speaking, research, analytical and organizational skills.
- Competence in the interpersonal skills needed to work effectively with legislators and legislative staff and dealing with politically sensitive constituencies.
- Skill and competence in working independently and under pressure on multiple projects.
- Able to maintain confidentiality and handle politically sensitive work.
- Understanding of Congressional Committees and key players related to their issue areas under the jurisdiction of the respective NCSL Committees.
NCSL offers an outstanding benefits package including low-cost health, dental and vision coverage, a 401(a)-retirement plan with 10% employer contribution after 6 months and full vesting, life & disability insurance, paid vacation and sick time, paid family leave, telework, pet insurance, discounted bus / train passes, and more! Relocation assistance provided for out-of-state candidates.
Interested candidates should apply online and include a cover letter and resume highlighting skills and qualifications no later than May 19, 2021 by 5pm MST.
NCSL is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to developing a diverse, dynamic team and inclusive workplace. NCSL does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
Ã‚PandoLogic. Keywords: Policy Advisor, Location: Washington, DC - 20001